Sunday, September 9, 2007

blog 2

Reflection about tools: I had not thought of a listserv being used for lesson plans but it seemed like a good idea to be able to group a lot of people with a common interest to have access to a setting in which they can ask a large group of people for information without a lot of difficulty. I did not know about the briefcase tool but it seems like an easy way to upload pictures for people to see. I also thought it was interesting to read the portion on the yahoo.com site that said one could make a “private,” “everyone,” or “friends” folder to allow only certain people to see or post on it.

Reflection about the reading: I thought the article on how misconceptions affect learning was interesting. I didn’t know that technological tools could be used to identify a student’s misconceptions and guide them towards what is true. I had not heard of Discourse and Classroom Performance System. I would have liked for the author of the article to expand on how to organize information effectively.

Thoughts about Netiquette: Some of the information in the Netiquette article was new to me. I didn’t know that it was illegal to send chain letters. I was surprised to find out that many people get 100 messages a day through e-mail. I wonder where the author of the article got that information from and whether or not most of that is spam. I didn’t know that when a person replies to an e-mail he or she is supposed to include the original message. I also wasn’t aware that an employer has the right to read an employee’s e-mail.

No comments: